COLOURFULWORLD

Tuesday 27 September 2011

Cookies Baking Flop

With all the rain we have had lately, it feels as if we are back in Winter and not Spring.
So feeling like some home baked goodies, I looked on the net for a Lemon Biscuit recipe using Gluten free flours. The ingredients included normal Gluten Free flour and Tapioca flour, but only after making little balls with them and putting them in a round baking tray, did I realize I had left out about half a cup of flour.
Anyway, I thought it wouldn´t make a difference as I had no trouble rolling the little balls, they weren´t too soft.

Well...half an hour later when I took them out the oven the batter had spread all over and some of it had fallen off the baking tray onto the oven, so instead of lots of cookies I now had a huge round cookie!!
This had never happened to me before, probably because I had never left out a major ingredient, but it still tastes  nice, although we will be probably be eating more than 1 cookie at a time.


I will leave you with a photo of my funny flop. I wonder if this has ever happened to any of you out there?
Next time I will certainly not forget to add all the flour and I will then post the recipe and some lovely photos of them.

1 comment:

  1. Lol so funny! I never thought about why a cookie would run... at least they were edible! Better luck next time.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.