COLOURFULWORLD

Monday 3 August 2015

Monday Mural - Dragon in Chinatown

This mural painted in Chinatown in the suburb of Northbridge was painted by Australian graffiti artists Yok and Fecks and Singaporean artist Sheryo for the Perth's 2015 Form in April this year.

Yok and Sheryo who are based in New York, have done a few "painting" partnerships in other murals around Perth and the world.
It certainly brightened an old brown brick building.











An oriental theme fitting the area where it is painted, don't you think?
For more murals around the world click here.












10 comments:

  1. Beautiful into the detail. It´s really amazing what muals can do to boring buildings.
    Sad we don´t make much progress in that area over here...
    Hmmm. I´ll send the "Streets of Perth"-FB-link to the FB-Braunschweig-site, maybe that´ll help. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea Iris, maybe they'll get the hint!

      Delete
  2. Amazing images, Must have been a lot of work to decorate a whole building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine they spend loads of hours painting away...

      Delete
  3. I originally though this was a bit of a mish mash, but the more I look at it the more I see how the designs blend in and transform. Now I think it's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit VioletSky. I love the edges of the mural with the round and wavy shapes.

      Delete
  4. Dearest Sami,
    Those murals are very fitting for their area and lovely done that way.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this one Sami, seen it a few times now.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.