COLOURFULWORLD

Monday 18 April 2016

Monday Mural - Banksia

Another one of the murals painted at Curtin University for Public Form 2016, this one was done by Amok Island
Amok was born in Amsterdam and moved to Perth in 2009.
I didn't catch the start of the painting process like with the previous mural of "Add Fuel" that I posted last week, but just caught the middle and end of it!

He painted a banksia a popular Australian wildflower.


The finished mural












Painting the details






On the last day, Sunday 10th, when we went around the University Campus taking photos I saw Amok alight from the cherry-picker (elevated work platform), while the crew were packing up the painting tools and I asked if I could take a photo with him. I also told him I love his works that are spread around Perth and Fremantle and he thanked me. He seemed very shy.
Amok and I in front of his mural at Curtin University


The finished mural
If you like murals, follow this link to check other murals from around the World.


Related posts with other Amok Island murals:

http://sami-colourfulworld.blogspot.com.au/2015/09/sugar-glider-another-amokisland.html

http://sami-colourfulworld.blogspot.com.au/2015/07/murals-in-claremont-ii.html

http://sami-colourfulworld.blogspot.com.au/2015/09/murals-in-fremantle-at-many6160.html

http://sami-colourfulworld.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/stree-art-transforms-perth-part-1.html

29 comments:

  1. It´s nice, but it could be more colorful for my liking.
    Great you got a pic with the artist again!
    And thanks for the link, nice murals there, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also thought that with the grey cement background, specially the greens could have been a bit brighter.

      Delete
  2. Great find Sami, now you need to find Banksy !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom, there are a couple of Banksy's murals around Australia too.

      Delete
  3. That is a fine looking mural, but I did not realize how large it is until I saw your photos of it being painted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your visit. Yes, it is a huge area.

      Delete
  4. Muito gira a vossa foto juntos! Para mais tarde recordar. :-)
    O mural é muito bonito. Gosto da cor salmão.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a huge painting, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice mural, interesting wildflower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a really nice one! Good pic of you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat, now I have photos with two modern artists, cool.

      Delete
  8. Nice one Sami, I love his work too. I'm always away in Sydney when the artists are busy with Form Public, looking forward to seeing some of the new art around town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace. Luckily their art will be around for a few years, so plenty of time to see it.

      Delete
  9. Really like his style and his name. I'm glad you took his picture. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks ODP. I've been trying to find out what his real name is, but haven't found it anywhere...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dearest Sami,
    That Banksia is done in a very lovely way!
    Sending you hugs from the other end of the world and yes, only 11 more albums to go. So my aim is by the end of April to have it done.
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mariette. A nice way for you to reminisce about travels from long ago. I hardly ever look at our old photo albums, maybe I should do some time- travel to the past...

      Delete
    2. Dearest Sami,
      So far it has been a very rich blessing for going back, year by year. Very rewarding and it brings so much joy.
      Reliving wonderful moments in life is precious.
      Today I have not done any scanning though, was over four hours gone, traveling one hour away to see my nephrologist... Have to catch up on it!
      Hugs,
      Mariette

      Delete
    3. You are right Mariette, relieving the good moments is good for us!
      Hope all is well with you.

      Delete
    4. Haha Sami, you had me laugh here! A funny word game for immigrants. 'Relieving' the good moments must mean literally to dispose of a delicious meal... R-e-l-i-v-i-n-g means to experience again as an emotion. In three weeks I will know more about me being well. Yesterday I got quite a shock as my nephrologist told me both my kidneys are working for 49% that means I'm in stage 3A of Chronic Kidney Disease. Nothing to applaud...
      Hugs and blessings,
      Mariette

      Delete
    5. LOL, a big mistake! That certainly must have been a shock Mariette. Hope you have a good Doctor who'll help you get back on track if possible.

      Delete
    6. BUT, your English is a lot better in general than from some native born English speaking... I for sure am willing to live as healthy as possible for reversing (IF possible) or keeping the level as it is and not worsening it. On May 11, I will learn more.
      Meanwhile, I will continue scanning my final photo albums. That done will also be better as I can get outdoors again! Hugs to you and stay well - it is our most valuable possession; good health!
      Mariette

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.