COLOURFULWORLD

Wednesday 10 August 2016

Meet up with other bloggers

A few weeks ago Wendy Barrett who blogs about her paintings and writing sent me an email saying she would love to meet me. We were recent followers of each other's blogs. 

Apart from being a very talented painter, Wendy has also written a book and publishes travel articles on the West Australian newspaper.

With Wendy's agreement I also invited Grace who blogs about Perth and it's many charms, and who I had previously met on a couple of occasions. 

Exactly two weeks ago, on Wednesday 27th July, the three of us met up for coffee at the Dome Cafe at the Scarborough beach hotel, right across the Scarborough beach.

We spent a lovely couple of hours chatting away about our lives, kids, blogs...

Hopefully there will be other get-together's in the future, who knows with a few more Perth bloggers joining in.

The Dome Cafe (the brown house) by the entrance to the Scarborough Beach Hotel
Beach on the right and hotel on the far end
Street view of ocean front street (with construction going on on beach side)
Wendy and I - Grace was the photographer, as she doesn't like to appear in photos
  
Please check their Wendy's and Grace's blogs:

http://wendybarrettpainting.blogspot.com.au
http://perthdailyphoto.blogspot.com.au

14 comments:

  1. We were invited/went to a blogger meet-up in Perth 2006 also - it was quite a group (though I only know about one being left blogging).
    Always great when it works out in real life! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How interesting, haven't heard of these meet-ups.

      Delete
  2. How exciting! I love meeting other bloggers too, when I eventually get to Perth I'd love to join a meet up!
    Indeed I am off to Problogger on the GoldCoast next month!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of problogger, will have to investigate. Let me know when you come to Perth Wren, as I would certainly meet up with you.

      Delete
  3. My, that is a large apartment block. As Iris says, it is funny how some give up blogging but perhaps even funnier how some stick at it. I hope Grace is ok at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an hotel Andrew, but always been controversial due to its height. Grace is ok, just having a well deserved rest.

      Delete
  4. I've had the privelege to meet a few bloggers, and it has been a wonderful experience. I'm so glad it was for you, too. I'm with Grace. I'll stay behind the camera and let Bleubeard be the face of our blog. The meeting place chosen was superb, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And of course Bluebeard is a great ambassador for your blog.it certainly was a lovely place to meet with beautiful ocean views.

      Delete
  5. It is a always fun to meet a blogger. I have met two, one from USA and one from here. So sorry Grace didn't want in the picture, makes me curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marianne. Next time I visit Amsterdam I'll let you know and we can meet too.

      Delete
  6. Dearest Sami,
    That is always a lovely event to meet with blogger friends for real! A funny feeling that one knows each other for many years and than the reality kicks in. So very familiar and it proves that getting to know each other is often about understanding and communication.
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mariette. True,it doesn't take much to get to know others. Enjoy the rest of the week.

      Delete
  7. That was an excellent idea! It must be so fun to meet other bloggers. Unfortunately, all my favourite bloggers are quite far away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara. Maybe one day you'll come across some other Portuguese bloggers in Sweden...

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.