COLOURFULWORLD

Friday 4 November 2016

Painting and Gallery walls


You might remember two weeks ago when I started painting some walls in my house.
So all the painting is now done, 1 feature wall in the tv room, 2 feature walls in the lounge and then I tackled the corridor too.

I have loads of framed art, first because I used to paint, and secondly because in Portugal I had a framing business which meant I framed a lot of my art. 
Also our double storey apartment in Portugal was bigger and had a lot more walls than our current Perth house...so more art on the walls.

Luckily gallery walls seem to be in fashion from what I see on Pinterest.

I decided to do a African art wall on the newly painted tv room wall.
Hanging the art work took some time though...
I first lay the pictures on the floor in front of the wall and shuffled them until I was happy with the display. 







Then I cut newspaper to the same size of the frames, stuck the newspaper pieces on the wall with sticky tape, marked where the nails should be hammered and hung the pictures.



And the result is:


I had to go to a framing shop near me to get some new mats for some of the frames. You might notice the tiger picture on the left had a green mat which didn't go with my colour scheme, so I had it changed to blue. The picture above it also had a green mat which was changed to orange. Now the fit into the scheme!
Still some art to hang in the corridor and then all done!

Tiger picture -,mat changed from green to blue

And here is a photo of part of the corridor near the entrance hall, where the wall was yellow and now it's gray.



Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your Autumn or Spring wherever you are!


22 comments:

  1. Now that´s a clever idea with the newspapers!
    The results are really great, Sami.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiquei muito giro, Sami!
    Tenho de fazer o mesmo, mas com fotografias e desenhos. Arranjar molduras e assim...Faz agora 1 ano que andámos a pintar a casa e só pendurei o que estava inicialmente...
    Bom fim-de-semana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Também tenho uma parede no corredor com fotos. Bom fim semana Sandra.

      Delete
  3. Very creative and beautiful! Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada...it is Autumn here now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit Linda. Enjoy your Autumn.

      Delete
  4. Ficou fantástico! Belas peças!
    Bom fim de semana!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW. This is a fantastic makeover. It's also a great way to make sure you don't put an excess amount of nail holes in your wall. This is brilliant in more ways than one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. Before this method I would also put nails here and there, lots of holes to cover while finding the right spot!

      Delete
  6. You are very well organized, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color punch of your blue walls! And you really updated the tiger picture with the mat color change. The best part, though, is your wall arrangement. I just cringe when I see a "floating" wall of unrelated pictures spread far too apart and too high on the wall. I'm not perfect, but I try to make sure all my pictures relate - either to each other or the furniture below! Your newspaper idea is an excellent one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks J. Here I grouped my African related art and hoped it would all look good.

      Delete
  8. Adorei a disposição em duas linhas da galeria de pintura africana. Muito bonita e com o alinhamento perfeito.
    Votos de uma primavera agradável!
    Ana Cravidao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigada pela visita Ana e pelo comentario agradavel. Boa semana.

      Delete
  9. I'm remembering this picture hanging tip Sami thanks. Do you still paint? I try to, but it's a a quest time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really Grace, I've painted a few things for friends as house-warming gifts. I find I don't get the time, or don't make the time to paint. In Portugal I had an art group that would get together once a week and then we had to make time to paint or craft, whatever you wanted. Without that I get slack!

      Delete
  10. Wow... your African art wall turned out great! You are very skilful! I hope it goes well with the other walls you are painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara. Almost finished with painting as I decided to paint the other 2 walls in the lounge. A lot of work as wall units had to emptied and moved away from the walls to paint...
      Only I get these crazy ideas!!

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.